The treatment aims to improve the skin in two ways:
- Cleansing which is a process called desincrustation, which a pre-treatment gel with a negative charge is applied to the skin; and
- nourishing through iontophoresis, which a second gel with a positive charge is applied to a clean and dry skin.
This is achieved by the application of a small, constant,direct current. The treatment works on the belief that charged ions in the skin are either attracted or repelled from the electrodes (conductors or probes). Galvanic treatment is normally done on the face for deep cleansing and on the body to treat cellulite.
Benefits and effects of Galvanic:
• Tightening and firming of tissues.
• Decrease in blood flow.
• Decrease in sensitivity.
• Reduction of oedema and lymph stagnation.
• Calms and soothes the skin.
• Restores critical moisture.
• Stimulates cell renewal and improves skin vitality.
High-frequency treatment uses low-current high-frequency alternating currents, carried via a glass electrode (conductor or probes). Because the high frequency current converts some of the oxygen in the air into ozone, the treatment has a germicidal action. The treatment is used to aid healing, and also to help desquamation (the skin’s natural exfoliation), and stimulate sweat and sebaceous glands.
This helps dry out spots and it is good for oily skin. An indirect high frequency facial uses a saturator electrode held by the client to draw a moisturising massage medium deeper into the skin, and so is best suited for more mature or dry skin types. The treatment also lasts between 25 to 40 minutes and it can be done once a week for the first 4 treatments and once a month after that.
The machine can be used most on the face but can also be used on the back for a “back facial” (the same process for facials) to treat spots.
Benefits of High Frequency:
• Stimulates circulation of the blood.
• Increases glandular activity.
• Aids in elimination of toxins and absorption of nutrients to the cell.
• Increases metabolism.
• Germicidal action occurs during use.
• Generates heat inside the tissues.
• Aids in deeper penetration of product into the skin.
Benefits of Indirect High Frequency:
• Aiding in the penetration of treatment creams/serums/complexes by increasing the blood flow.
• Regenerating the skin.
• Re-energising tired and stressed skin.
• Assisting in massage for an ageing skin using the indirect method.
Microcurrent is a low level of electrical current that reflects body’s own natural current, which is sub sensory in most causes and therefore barely noticeable. The treatment works by passing a very small direct current through muscle tissue to stimulate our sensory receptor and that is why it is very important that the beauty therapist knows exactly where the origins and insertion of the muscle are for best results.
It is a anti ageing skin treatment used to diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by improving texture and appearance of skin and reducing the overall visual appearance of ageing. Skin care therapists use micro-current to tone and firm the skin and it is most related to the term “non surgical face lifting”.
The treatment can be done between 30 to 45 minutes and it depends on the client’s skin type, condition and age. Most beauty salons offer the treatment by courses of 6 or 10 sessions and prices also vary. It can also be applied on the body (breasts) to help lifting the skin.
Benefits of Microcurrent:
• Improve muscle tone in face and neck.
• Lift jowls and eyebrows.
• Skin exfoliation.
• Increase product penetration.
• Reduce wrinkles and eliminate fine lines
• Improve facial circulation
I hope this post has been really helpful. Let me know if you have any question…