Full Body Waxing – Semi-Permanent Hair Removal2018-06-07
Top 5 Anti-Ageing Cleansers2018-06-12
Non Surgical Facelift, Galvanic & High Frequency. We know skin condition is a matter of skin health and not just aesthetics. A proper skincare is one of the most effective ways to maintain the issue of ageing, blemishes and dehydration. Our skin could use an extra boost, which is why I recommend the use of electrical machines or electrotherapy.
Electrotherapy is a range of beauty treatments that uses low electric currents passed through the skin to produce several therapeutic effects such as deep cleansing, muscle toning and lifting.
Current technologies offer various electrical machines to aid in the treatment of skin condition. Such machines include High Frequency, Galvanic and Non-Surgical Facelift.
As a professional I know many people aren’t aware of the benefits of these treatments, which could boost their confidence and self esteem as well as for the beauty therapist to be able to offer more treatments. Ageing, blemished and dehydrated skin are conditions that we all face.
Our skin ages every day, and it is up to us to take the necessary preventive measures to ensure our skin ages at a slower frequency. Electrical treatments offer ways to address the issues that go with any skin condition to help clients maintain not only a youthful appearance, but also a good skin health.
Non Surgical Facelift, Galvanic & High Frequency.
A galvanic facial involves the use of mild electric direct currents consisting of positive and negative ions to refresh, stimulate and rejuvenate the skin. The average time for the treatment can vary from 25 to 40 minutes, prices also vary.
The treatment aims to improve the skin in two ways:
- Cleansing which is a process called desincrustation, which a pre-treatment gel with a negative charge is applied to the skin; and
- nourishing through iontophoresis, which a second gel with a positive charge is applied to a clean and dry skin.
This is achieved by the application of a small, constant, direct current. The treatment works on the belief that charged ions in the skin are either attracted or repelled from the electrodes (conductors or probes). Galvanic treatment is normally done on the face for deep cleansing and on the body to treat cellulite.
• Stimulates cell renewal and improves skin vitality.
High-frequency treatment uses low-current high-frequency alternating currents, carried via a glass electrode (conductor or probes). Because the high frequency current converts some of the oxygen in the air into ozone, the treatment has a germicidal action. The treatment is used to aid healing, and also to help desquamation (the skin’s natural exfoliation), and stimulate sweat and sebaceous glands.
- Stimulates circulation of the blood.
- Increases glandular activity.
- Aids in elimination of toxins and absorption of nutrients to the cell.
- Increases metabolism.
- Germicidal action occurs during use.
- Generates heat inside the tissues.
- Aids in deeper penetration of product into the skin.
- Aiding in the penetration of treatment creams/serums/complexes by increasing the blood flow.
- Regenerating the skin.
- Re-energising tired and stressed skin.
- Assisting in massage for an ageing skin using the indirect method.